1. Change type/brand of ammunition and/or magazine.
2. If changing to another type/brand of ammunition and/or magazine does not at once result in smooth feeding of cartridges from magazine to chamber, the following steps should be taken:
• Make certain chamber and magazine are unloaded. Magazine should be removed first. Check chamber to be sure it and magazine well are clear of cartridges.
• Thoroughly clean magazine, paying particular attention to removing accumulated grease. Thoroughly clean breech mechanism of pistol. Use a bristle brush and solvent to remove grease and fouling from breech face, extractor, chamber and feed ramp. (See CARE AND CLEANING section for detailed instruction.)
• Check that magazine spring tension is adequate. The spring should hold the follower tightly against the lips of the magazine.
• Check that magazine lips are free of nicks and burrs and are not deformed.
• Remove excess oil and solvent from all cleaned components, load magazine and try pistol again.
Proceed slowly and exercise caution to prevent the discharge of a jammed cartridge. The discharge of a jammed cartridge could cause serious injury to you or bystanders.
Was this article helpful?