On Models 58, 111,132, 138,140, 145, 908, 911, 938, 940, 945 and 957 there is no locking block. Remove spring and guide and then barrel from slide. ATTENTION: No further disassembly is recommended unless done by a skilled gunsmith.
FIELD STRIPPING PT111, PT111Ti, PT132, PT138, PT14O, PT145 & PT145Ti
1. Remove the MAGAZINE by pressing the MAGAZINE RELEASE BUTTON; be sure that the chamber is EMPTY.
2. Pull SLIDE fully to the rear and push up the SLIDE CATCH LEVER.
3. With left thumb, rotate SLIDE DISASSEMBLY LATCH clockwise until it stops.
Use the key for your Taurus Security System to gently push the pin from the right side of the pistol.
4. With left hand, pull SLIDE DISASSEMBLY LATCH or TAKEDOWN PIN out of frame.
5. Carefully release SLIDE CATCH, and with SLIDE under full control, pull SLIDE forward off of frame.
6. Carefully remove SLIDE SPRING and GUIDE from its position on the bottom of the BARREL. SPRING is under compression so it must be kept under control until removed.
7. Remove BARREL from SLIDE by pulling to the rear and up.
ATTENTION: No further disassembly is recommended unless done by a skilled gunsmith.
If the slide sticks on the frame, be sure the chamber is empty and firmly pull the trigger fully to the rear while pulling the slide forward off the frame.
If the slide does not move because the barrel remains to the rear and tilted upward, be sure the chamber is empty and push the muzzle against the palm of one hand while pushing the slide forward with the other.
Was this article helpful?