• BE CERTAIN THE BARREL IS CLEAR OF OBSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SHOOTING. Mud, water, snow or other objects may inadvertently lodge in the barrel bore. A small obstruction can cause a dangerous increase in pressure and may damage your gun and cause injury to yourself and others.
• BE SURE ALL ACCESSORIES, SUCH AS HOLSTERS. GRIPS, SLINGS, SCOPES AND OTHER ACCESSORIES ARE COMPATIBLE with the firearm and that the accessories do not interfere with safe operation. It is your responsibilty to understand and follow all of the instructions in this manual,as well as those which may be supplied with your ammunition and loading components and any accessory.
• NEVER DISASSEMBLE YOUR FIREARM beyond the procedures outlined in this manual. Improper disassembly or reassembly of your firearm may be dangerous and can lead to serious injury or death.
• NEVER MANIPULATE, ADJUST OR CHANGE ANY OF THE INTERNAL COMPONENTS OF YOUR FIREARM UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED TO DO SO IN THIS MANUAL.
Improper manipulation of any other internal component may affect the safety and reliability of your firearm and may cause serious injury or death.
• NEVER ALLOW ANY ALTERATION OR REPLACMENT OF PARTS IN YOUR THOMPSON/CENTER FIREARM UNLESS PERFORMED BY A QUALIFIED GUNSMITH using genuine Thompson/Center parts. If you do otherwise, improper functioning of your firearm may occur and serious injury or death and damage to property may result.
A WARNING: SAFE USE OF A FIREARM IS YOUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND THE FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL OF THESE BASIC SAFETY RULES MAY RESULT IN SEVERE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH TO YOU OR OTHERS. YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT SAFETY DEVICE WHEN IT COMES TO THE USE OF YOUR FIREARM AND THOMPSON/CENTER AND ITS PARENT COMPANY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM: (1) THE CRIMINAL OR NEGLIGENT USE OF THIS FIREARM; (2) A DISREGARD OF THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS; (3) IMPROPER OR CARELESS HANDLING OF THIS FIREARM; (4) THE USE OF NON-STANDARD, DEFECTIVE, IMPROPER LOAD COMPONENTS OR (5) IMPROPER OR NEGLIGENT MODIFICATIONS OR REPAIRS TO THE FIREARM.
• NEVER CLIMB TO OR DESCEND FROM A TREE STAND WITH A PRIMED MUZZLELOADING FIREARM. NEVER RAISE OR LOWER A PRIMED MUZZLELOADING FIREARM TO OR FROM A TREE STAND. Tree stands are potentially hazardous. If you feel that you must use a tree stand, purchase a top-quality brand only and follow the manufacturer's instructions to the letter. Failure to follow this rule may cause serious injury and/or death to the shooter or bystanders and damage to property.
• NEVER LEAN A CHARGED AND PRIMED RIFLE AGAINST A TREE, WALL OR ANY SURFACE. Once the rifle has been charged it is your responsibility to guard it against accidental bumps.
• USE THOMPSON/CENTER SCOPE MOUNTS ONLY.
The current product catalog lists a series of scopes and mounts which are designed specifically for use with our firearms. These mounts make use of existing screw holes. Those who desire a scope sight should make use of Thompson/Center mounts. Do not drill additional holes in the barrel as this could weaken the barrel structure leading to a rupture. A ruptured barrel can cause serious injury and/or death to the shooter or bystanders and damage to property.
Was this article helpful?
Better Your Relationships With Others And Attract Success With People. If you're searching for a relationship or you're presently unhappy with the one you're currently in, the very first thing you have to realize is who you are as an individual and what you want in a partner. This isn't a simple task in the least and is a lot more complicated than it appears. What it involves is stepping out of your comfort zone.