• Place the decocking safety lever into the down "safe" position.
• Point the pistol in a safe direction and press the magazine release button and remove the magazine.
• Grasp the serrated sides of the slide from the rear with the thumb and fingers as shown in figure 3, briskly draw the slide fully rearward in order to extract any cartridge from the barrel chamber and clear it from the pistol.
• Unload the magazine by holding it with the bullet end of the cartridge pointing away from you and others and pressing each cartridge forward and out of the magazine.
• After double checking that the magazine is empty, place this unloaded magazine into the gun.
A WARNING: WHEN VIEWING THE LOADED CHAMBER INDICATOR, YOU MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP THE FIREARM POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION WITH YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER AND OUT OF THE TRIGGER GUARD. (FIGURE 8 & 8A)
• Grasp the serrated sides of the slide from the rear with the thumb and fingers as shown in figure 3, briskly draw the slide fully rearward and release. The slide should remain open. Visually check to the barrel chamber and bore for any obstructions.
You must follow this procedure every time your firearm is inspected, cleaned, handed to another person, transported or stored. 19
Was this article helpful?