SAFETY IS YOUR NUMBER ONE RESPONSIBILITY!!!!
At home, in the field, at the range, or anywhere, the first concern of every firearm owner should be safety. Apply the following safety rules in every situation, with any kind of firearm.
A WARNING: YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL OF THESE SAFETY RULES TO ENSURE THE SAFE USE OF YOUR FIREARM
• SAFE GUN HANDLING IS YOUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY at all times. Firearms are dangerous and can cause serious injury or death if they are misused or used inappropriately. Safety must be the prime consideration of anyone who owns or handles firearms.
• YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FIREARM AT ALL TIMES. In owning a firearm, you must under take full-time responsibility for your firearm's safety and security. You must protect yourself and all others against injury or death from misuse of the firearm.
• SAFE STORAGE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
In particular, you must secure firearms safely from children and unauthorized users. A lock has been provided for your use with this firearm. Never assume that the use of this lock is sufficient to safely secure your firearm. You must always evaluate your personal situation and employ the security system(s) that meets your needs and prevents children and unauthorized users from gaining access to your firearm.
• Accidents are the result of violating the rules of safe gun handling and common sense.
• For your safety and the safety of others, NEVER RELY ON MECHANICAL FEATURES ALONE.
Only your safe gun-handling habits will ensure the safe use of your firearm. This is your responsibility.
• NEVER KEEP AMMUNITION IN THE SAME LOCATION AS THE HANDGUN. Store in a separate and secure place.
• DO NOT ALTER, MODIFY OR REPLACE ANY OF THE PARTS OF YOUR FIREARM unless this work is performed by a qualified gunsmith using genuine Walther parts. If you do otherwise, improper functioning may occur and serious injury may result.
• NEVER MANIPULATE, ADJUST OR CHANGE ANY OF THE INTERNAL COMPONENTS OF YOUR FIREARM including the firing pin, sear, or drawbar. Improper manipulation of any internal component may affect the safety and reliability of your firearm and may cause serious injury.
• READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING YOUR FIREARM.
A WARNING: THE FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE BASIC FIREARM SAFETY RULES MAY RESULT IN AN UNINTENDED DISCHARGE WHICH COULD CAUSE SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH TO YOU OR OTHERS.
• BEFORE HANDLING ANY FIREARM-UNDERSTAND ITS OPERATION. Not all firearms are the same. Familiarize yourself with the mechanical features of any firearm you intend to use. If you feel uncertain about any operational aspects of your handgun, please contact Walther at 1-800-372-6454 before proceeding with its operation.
• ALWAYS SAFELY STORE AND SECURE YOUR FIREARM. Safe and secure storage of your firearm is one of the most important responsibilities of firearms ownership. It is a full-time responsibility. You must always secure your firearm and ammunition separately so that they are not accessible to children or other unauthorized persons. (See Safe Storage Instructions.)
Was this article helpful?