Your Model 63 will now be in these pieces (see Figure 7):
• Barrel/forearm half (receiver portion)
• Buttstock half (frame portion)
• Inner magazine tube
The internal hammer can be lowered for better cleaning access by pulling the trigger and slowly lowering the internal hammer with your thumb to the dropped/forward position (see Figure 8).
1. Cock the hammer (if it was previously dropped) back to the full cock position with your thumb.
2. Slide the buttstock half (frame) into the barrel/forearm half (receiver portion) from the rear
The hammer can be low- ^ ered to the dropped position for easier cleaning.
Slide the two halves together. Do not force.
Make sure the take down screw starts correctly into the threads.
(see Figure 9). This can be done with the bolt in the locked or unlocked position. Make sure that the takedown screw doesn't obstruct this by pulling it rearward and making sure it stays aligned
5. With the two halves correctly in place, carefully turn the takedown screw in the clockwise direction. Screw it in until it is finger tight with a fair amount of finger pressure.
6. Reinsert the inner magazine tube. To lock it in place, turn it until its retainer pin falls into the retainer slot, then turn clockwise about 1/8 turn until it stops in the locked position.
7. Your Model 63 is now fully assembled.
CAUTION — ALWAYS KEEP THE MUZZLE POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION. PRIOR TO USING LIVE AMMUNITION, FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF THOROUGHLY WITH THESE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS.
Get accustomed to the feel of your new gun — know the forces required to operate the action,* to pull the trigger, to work the action, and above all, know how to place your rifle's safety in the "on safe"
Was this article helpful?